Another tough match this week for the Rovers, last week’s didn’t go so well, so if we are going to go down, lets go down all guns blazing.
Rovers will look to put a dent in the Champions title quest in the evening kick off on Setanta Sports.
Former Red Devils striker Hughes has already shown himself capable of sending out a team to defeat United following Rovers’ unforgetable double in the 2005/06 season which I personally will take to the grave with me.
However that is in the past and Rovers have a team capable of taking something from Man United… but only if they are at their best and recently we haven’t been.
Rovers should raise their game today.
Blackburn Team News:
Hughes could stick with the team which lost 3-1 at Liverpool last weekend, depending on the fitness of Jason Roberts.
The striker has been struggling with a groin injury of late and will be given every chance to prove his fitness to partner Roque Santa Cruz up front, otherwise it is a direct fight between under utilised Matt Derbyshire and work rate legend Benni McCarthy .
David Dunn appeared as a substitute at Anfield after a knee problem and may again have to settle for a place on the bench.
Rovers have no other new injury concerns for the visit of United, who have not lost away from home in 2008
Player to watch: Stephen Warnock
Will be marking Ronaldo and needs to keep tabs on him if we are to emerge with anything. Has the pace to cope with him and his tackling is strong.
Need a big game from the former Liverpool left back.
Man United Team News:
Anderson and Carlos Tevez impressed off the bench against Arsenal and are pushing for starting roles, although the Brazilian midfielder is struggling.
United will also welcome back Nemanja Vidic after a knee injury, with the Serbian expected to replace Gerard Pique at centre-half.
Louis Saha has been out for a month with a hamstring injury and has suffered a setback, but Nani is in the squad after missing the last five matches with a muscle injury.
Owen Hargreaves is doubtful with a hamstring problem, but Darren Fletcher is due to return to full training on Monday after a knee injury.
Player to watch: Ronaldo
Who else? Has scored nearly 40 goals this year even if suggestions he is a midfielder are quite frankly laughable. A treat for fans and a handful for anyone.
But why does he have to be such a smug muppet everytime he scores??? Modesty Cristiano…
Match Facts & Stats
For the Blue and White Army –
– Won one of six, 3-1, home to Wigan on 22 March when down to ten men.
– Come from behind on 13 occasions this season.
– Beat Tottenham (a), Newcastle (h), Derby (a) and Bolton (a) from losing positions. Also, rescued 17 points from matches in which they were trailing, the second highest in the League.
– One of three clubs to have had six players sent off in this league, even if some of them were ridiculous, Chelsea and Fulham are the others. Also, been shown 75 cards in this league this term (six red, 69 yellow); only Middlesbrough players have been issued with more (83).
– Used just 22 players, only Aston Villa match that.
– No club has been awarded more penalties, five of the seven spot kicks given have been converted. So anyone that complains we don’t score enough penalties please read again.
– Unbeaten in seven at home, won three and drawn four since the 0-1 defeat to Chelsea on 23 December.
– The run-in is:-
Rob Styles (Waterlooville, Hampshire)
I think we will see an improved performance from last weekend but I think both teams will be nervous, I’m afraid I can’t see us getting anything from the game.
1-0 to United.