Date: 20th March 2012 at 10:15am
Written by:

Blackburn Rovers have offered to postpone the Bolton clash at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday if the Wanderers deem it necessary in light of the heartbreaking Fabrice Muamba collapse on Saturday evening.

Muamba has been making very positive progress in his recovery from a cardiac arrest in hospital since Saturday. Having said that, in light of the severity of the problems and the critical condition that Fabrice is still in the offer has been made to delay the match.

Kean told Sky Sports – ‘The whole footballing world has come together, whatever we have to do, we would only respect what Bolton want us to do next weekend. We hope he [Muamba] makes a full recovery but if they need a little bit more time and the game doesn’t go ahead, then we would respect that.

‘Everyone is taking advice from the hospital and experts in that we are hoping for progress in 24-48 hours and I know we are getting close to that point. We will respect everything that has to be done to facilitate a full recovery… for his team-mates, who could quite possibly be in a difficult position.

‘It is a thing that hits everyone between the eyes, because you look at a young man as fit as he is and the way he plays – he is full of energy, you would think he is just a machine and he is going to keep going. All of a sudden from nowhere he is in a position where he is critically ill in hospital. Our thoughts are with him and his family.’

A move that could cause transport and logistic problems for supporters but the right move for all concerned in a sobering situation.

Keep fighting Fabrice.

Join The Vital Debate

 

Your Comment